[rt-users] Significance of $rtname

Ayan R. Kayal ayan.kayal at yale.edu
Sun Sep 8 11:46:34 EDT 2002

Well, when you send a ticket to the system, and get an autoreply, you'll
get an email with the subject [$rtname #ticketnumber]. If you reply to
this email with that $rtname in the subject, it will add the email you
wrote to the ticket. If you don't have the $rtname, it'll create a new
ticket (all of this assuming permissions are set appropriately). None of
this is actually stored in the database, but if you change the $rtname
at some point and someone replies to an older email, a new ticket will
get created.

The recommendation to set it to the domain name is just so that the
$rtname is unique. You could set it to your company's name if you wanted
to, in theory.

O-                        ~ARK