[rt-users] Autoreply by nobody

Nicolas Mailhot Nicolas.Mailhot at one2team.com
Fri Sep 13 10:17:33 EDT 2002

Le ven 13/09/2002 à 15:47, Kirill Miazine a écrit :
> * Nicolas Mailhot [2002-09-13 15:31]:

> > and this does not seem to work. MTA logs show mail is sent as unix user
> > nobody, and the MTA then tries to come up with nobody's mail address
> > (nobody at localdomain) by itself
>
> 1) small "f" in "-f $1" (not "-F $1")

eck, sorry

> 2) missing $From in:
>      open(MAIL, "|$RT::SendmailPath $From $RT::SendmailArguments")
>                                      ^^^^^ <- this is -f sender at you.hoo

Damn, missed this.
This means your workaround only works with senmailpipe, right ?

> > Could you please enlighten me on what your code should do (seems I'm
> > good for a perl crash course anyway:()
>
> It takes address matching a quite simplre regex from From: header field
> and tells sendmail to use it as the envelope sender address (-f option).

Well, that's more or less what I understood. I guess I've been staring
at perl code too long:).

Unfortunately, even with small f and big from this does not seem to
work:(

Regards

--
Nicolas Mailhot
One2team : 12 bis rue de la Pierre Levée - 75011 Paris - France