[rt-users] grab whole correspondence/comments on ticket into one mbox-formatted file

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Mon Sep 16 22:19:12 EDT 2002

Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
> What I noticed is that RT seems to be good about always adding an
> reason, mutt doesn't use In-Reply-To:'s to form threads (it seems like it
> should, but it doesn't).
>
> I wonder, is there a specific reason that RT doesn't add a References:
> header as well as an In-Reply-To:?

lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm states:

  # TODO We should always add References headers for all message-ids
  # of previous messages related to this ticket.

so I guess the reason is "haven't gotten around to it yet". :)

The solution would be to iterate through $self->TicketObj->Transactions
tacking any found Message-IDs onto the References header; possibly
limiting the size of said header along the way. (I'd go for first three
plus last three or some such.)
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630