[rt-users] File::Spec ??

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Mon Sep 23 09:52:13 EDT 2002

OW> OT: Do you know why the perl in FreeBSD is not being properly updated -
OW> the decision behind staying put at ver 5.0.x???

Because the powers that be at FreeBSD land think that perl should be
taught to forcibly re-install all of its files when you do an
installworld, rather than the normal perlish only-install-if-newer
behavior.  Apparently the newer perls in the FreeBSD ports collections
also have this nasty behavior.

What I do after any upgrade involving perl is to run CPAN
interactively, update the CPAN itself, then run the "r" command which
tells me all outdated modules, then update them (assuming they don't
involve upgrading perl versions.)