[rt-users] RT and Forward

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Tue Apr 1 09:27:25 EST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Jorn Hass wrote:

> -> I've implemented my own [Forward] function in RT2 to allow:
> -> - send ticket's body to third party without RT tag and with my personal
> -> (or other given) e-mail address in reply-to.
> -> - create a 'duplicate' ticket in another RT queue, because RT normally
> ->   doesn't allow send e-mail to it self.
> ->
> Aha, that sounds like what I was thinking of. Any chance of you outlining
> the changes that you did? (Howto...)

Use htpp://lists.fsck.com and enter forward okrouhly as search query.

I personaly has not posted my patch to RT2, because my branch has many
differences. If you wish it, I'll send you my about 90 files from
/opt/rt2/{etc|local/{lib|WebRT}} directories working well and based
on the latest stable version (2-0-15).

HowTo was:
- add new transaction type
- add forward button and forward form to web ui
- add needed scripcondition/scripaction/scrip/templates
- modify SetRTSpecialHeaders, SetReturnAddress and SetSubjectToken in SendEmail.pm
  to use some variables set by web ui and/or forward template...

That's imho all.

> Regards, Jorn Hass
> Senior Systems Engineer, Infrastructure.
> Internet Solutions
> Tel:		+27 (11) 575 1000
> Fax:		+27 (11) 388 3362
> E-mail:		jorn.hass at is.co.za
> WWW:		http://www.is.co.za
>

> "This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally
> privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,
> distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also
> notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. When
> addressed to clients of the company from where this e-mail originates ("the
> sending company ") any opinion or advice contained in this e-mail is subject
> to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable terms of business or
> client engagement letter . The sending company does not accept liability for
> any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or from the
> accessing of any files attached to this e-mail."

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: +420 377 632 837
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI402