[rt-users] Performance issues when viewing tickets with attachments

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 17 13:12:35 EST 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 10:09:34AM -0800, Michael Gibbons wrote:
> So this issue isn't affecting your paying customers? If not, is this
> because they don't use attachments or don't care about the performance
> hits? Am I wrong in assuming that this (significantly) affects everyone
> using attachments?

I can't speak to problems that haven't been reported. But yes,
the size and quantity of attachments effects the performance. We have
two or three tickets that take 30 seconds to load, since we've attached
a number of half-megabyte tarballs to them.  But, like I said, we've got
higher priorities.

	Jesse