[rt-users] trouble logging into web interface

Rick Bradley rt-users at rickbradley.com
Fri Jan 17 14:21:39 EST 2003

* J. Sloan (js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk) [030117 13:02]:
> >  I have some strange problem with rt. Yesterday I've set up rt and was working
> > fine. All was ok, users, tickets etc. After the instalation, I have created my
> > own users, changed the password for root, and create some test tickets to see
> > how it's working. Today, I've created some real tickets using the mail
> > interface and then I tryied to login in using the web interface to check them
> > out. Surprize ! No user can log in into rt webui . None. Not event root.

> I've had this happen many times - usually when I've change something
> subtle in config.pm and restarted.
>
> The mod_perl caching seems to be the problem, from other posts to this
> list.  In my case the solution has been to stop httpd, drink a cup of
> coffee, and then start it again 5 minutes later.   This works more often
> than not, and more, reliably than deleting the data and sessiondata
> directories.

This problem is documented in the mailing list archives and is not
related to caching:

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-September/010117.html
http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-October/010256.html

Rick
--
 http://www.rickbradley.com    MUPRN: 723
                       |  interesting was
   random email haiku  |  the first device we hooked