[rt-users] Stall Until

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Thu Jan 23 14:27:37 EST 2003

I am now happily running RT 2.0.15 (was 1.0.6 only last week), and now I am
ready to embark on making a few changes.

At my last shop, using Remedy, we were able to add a state called "blocked"
and a field called "Freeze until".  One would block a ticket when one was
waiting for something external -- a call back, a package to arrive -- and
set the date.  It would then _automatically_ re-open on that date so it
would appear in your list again.  (Did he ever call back?  Did the package
arrive?)

I want to add this to RT.  status=stalled is already there.  All I need is
"stall until".  I can probably figure out the external cron job that does a
query and moves things back to open (though I'd like to have this trigger a
Scrip if possible).

Can one of y'all give me the easy-'n-obvious (to you) edits I need to make?

(A further refinement would be to stall until a dependency is satisfied,
i.e. a ticket in "Depends on" moves to a defined state, such as closed, or
something else happens to it.  Today's example: change out this router
[ticket A] during the next downtime [ticket B].  Or can I already do this
with Scrips?  I have yet to dive into Scrips.)