[rt-users] Stall Until

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Thu Jan 23 18:24:14 EST 2003

Jim Hickstein wrote:
> I want to add this to RT.  status=stalled is already there.  All I need is
> "stall until".  I can probably figure out the external cron job that does a
> query and moves things back to open (though I'd like to have this trigger a
> Scrip if possible).

"escalator" from http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/rt-addons/
is an example of how to get a cron job to fire off a scrip.
The EscalatePriority scrip that it uses shows you how to pull
the Due Date from the ticket; use either that or the "Starts"
field ($ticket->StartsObj) to designate the time to open.
Put that together with a check for "stalled' and a SetStatus
call and you're done. :-)

> (A further refinement would be to stall until a dependency is satisfied,
> i.e. a ticket in "Depends on" moves to a defined state, such as closed, or
> something else happens to it.  Today's example: change out this router
> [ticket A] during the next downtime [ticket B].  Or can I already do this
> with Scrips?  I have yet to dive into Scrips.)

You can do that with Scrips. Look at OpenDependent, it's part of
the standard RT distribution. CloseDependent is an easy tweak;
SetDependentStatus wouldn't be hard using $self->Argument either,
if you wanted to genericise.

Have fun!
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com