[rt-users] feature request or "how to do this"

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Thu Jan 23 14:39:46 EST 2003

* matthew zeier <mrz at intelenet.net> [2003-01-23 14:35]:
> > * matthew zeier <mrz at intelenet.net> [2003-01-23 13:38]:
> > > We get a lot of automated alerts to RT (by design) and not all of
> > > them need to be ticketable.  If there was a way to hold items for
> > > the NOC to review and select which ones to discard and which ones
> > > to accept, that'd be great.
> >
> > You could simply designate a default queue as the temporary queue,
> > and then the NOC could either move requests from it into "regular"
> > queues or kill them.
>
> I do that now but I have several thousand tickets that didn't really
> need to be tickets at all.

Ah, I see what you mean.  As an alternative, you could (a) modify
mailgate such that, instead of creating a new ticket (when it doesn't
find a [$sitename #foo] in the subject), it forwards the message to a
particular email address, and (b) modify the Create A New Ticket page to
send an email to that address instead of creating the ticket.  Then, the
NOC folks could monitor that email account (shared IMAP folder, or
something).

(darren)

--
If I had an infinite amount of monkeys, the first thing I'd do is
delegate a committee of monkeys to figure out how to clean and feed an