[rt-users] RT3.0.3 - Ticket search - System Error

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 1 11:46:45 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 11:49:12AM +0100, Nick Barnes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been having fun with the Ticket search screen and have found more
> and more occurrances of errors.
>
> 1 - Doing a search for all tickets (by showing where priority<1000) says
> "Found 10 tickets" at the top, but only lists seven.

The "count" is a quick count performed directly by the database. It
doesn't take RT's access control into account. The tickets you you see
are those you have access to see. Changing this would be a really big
performance hit. Changing the wording might be good though.
"Found about 10 tickets"?

> 2 - Doing a ticket search with multiple criteria which results in no
> matches found generates a "System Error" as below (which was caused with
> queue=general, status!=rejected, status!=resolved):

I think that's actually a bug in the version of Storable.pm that RedHat
ships with 9.0.