[rt-users] "From" address for locally-created tickets; Slowness only upon "submit"

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Wed Mar 5 02:37:25 EST 2003

-On [20030305 03:32], Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. (amitchell at habeas.com) wrote:
>We are having a situation where one of our users (logging in from
>across the country) often finds things slow waaay down after she
>"submits" - so everything else is fine, but when she clicks on submit,
>it takes _forever_ for it to go through, and sometimes it goes to a
>"page not found" error.  I actually experience the slowness problem
>here, but it's never gone to "page not found".  Does anyone have
>any ideas as to what we should look at for this?

Sounds as if the SQL statement is taking its time for the INSERTs.

Which database is this?  Which version of RT?

Some SQL tuning/optimising might be needed.  Can you see on the database
that it is busy processing your SQL when you are logged into it using a
web-based system or the command line?

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / a capoeirista
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B