[rt-users] RT3 Speed Info

Simon Woodward sw-lists at onyx.net
Thu May 8 07:09:03 EDT 2003

Hi Jesse,

> RT's data model changed somewhat between RT2 and RT3. The 'watchers'
> system in RT2 was replaced with a more flexible groups system in rt3.
> Most of those groups and group members are actually queue and ticket
> roles. It might be possible to re-cast the code to lazy-create them, but
> unless someone can show me proof that this is what's killing some folks
> performance, I'm not motivated to make the change.

If thats how its meant to be, thats fine. I'm just trying to go through
everything I can find thats different or stands out as being a potential
cause of the huge problems we are experiencing.

The main problem is that I'm getting close to a point now where I can't keep
justifying using RT3, I've been pouring through code / mysql docs and everything
for the last few days, and all I am getting from staff "is can't we go back to
the old one, because that worked", and its not going to be long before I
get ordered to do it, so I'm basically running out of time.

The system is just *that* slow.

Cheers,

Simon.