[rt-users] Large mails are truncated

Anders Ekstrand anders.ekstrand at drutt.com
Fri May 9 07:56:07 EDT 2003

my.cnf contains:

[mysqld]
set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M

and RT_SiteConfig.pm contains:

Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);
Set($TruncateLongAttachments , undef);
Set($DropLongAttachments , undef);

It works fine to create large tickets tickets via the Web-UI. It also works
fine to import data from an existing RT2.0.15 database, with very large
tickets (up to 8M).

If I send a mail with 10k of text, just a bit more than 7 k gets inserted in
the ticket body. Along with headers etc. it seems like there are som limit
at 8k...

(I'm running with modperl2 and Apache2 on a RedHat 9.0 box.)

/Anders