[rt-users] Debian/Linux: [error] Unknown exception abbreviation 'compilation_error' at /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/Exceptions.pm line 91

Simon J. Hernandez simon at w3.org
Thu Oct 9 22:15:16 EDT 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Phil Homewood wrote:

> Simon J. Hernandez wrote:

[...]

> > my conclusions.  Considering that many Linux users are Debian users as
> > well, it might be good to document this somewhere.  I have perused the
> > archives, but don't seem to see this noted.  I could be wrong, but I
> > don't.
>
> The Debian package is not maintained by Best Practical, and
> its FHS layout isn't something controlled by Best Practical.
> Sure, Debian is popular, and several RT developers even use
> it themselves, but some use RedHat. Some use FreeBSD. Other
> platforms are likely. Should Best Practical have to worry about
> how every OS distributor/packager fiddles the filesystem layout?

In a perfect world, yes.  ;^)

> > I have to disagree with this based on my limited experience.  I did need
> > to install some mods that were not existant on my system prior to the
> > install.  I should note, I did not have apache running on this machine
> > prior to the install, so several of the necessary modules would not likely
> > have been present.
>
> If the request-tracker3 package does not pull in all the required
> dependencies, I'm sure the (Debian) package maintainer would love
> to know about it. :-)

[...]

Hey, I didn't get into this for the work. I just want a tool :^)

(I will make it a point to mention this (eventually).)

Simon

--
Simon J. Hernandez    |    http://people.w3.org/simon/    |   simon at w3.org
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)                          http://www.w3.org