[rt-users] Thanks mail

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 12:54:25 EDT 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Senoner Samuel wrote:

> What do you do normally when you set up the script on correspond open
> ticket (wich ist standard)
> you resolve the ticket and the user replies "thank you", and the ticket
> automatically opens again?
> (Just to know what is the most used solution instead of inserting you
> don't need to repy in the resolved template)

Grumble quietly and close the ticket.  It's hard to moan too loudly about
being thanked, even if it does cause more work.  :-)

Unless you have a parser which can recognised the difference between
'thank you' and 'oh and one more thing' I don't anything much better from
a technical point of view.

User education is your other choice, depending on who your users are.

John