[rt-users] Ticket tracking and subject changes?

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Fri Oct 24 11:36:33 EDT 2003

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
> Jesse Vincent wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:23:41PM +0400, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
>>
>>> I think first solution imposible without coding. And I don't think
>>> that Jesse apply my patches, but maintain changes against RT mainline
>>> in this case is pain. I don't want it because ticket tracking and
>>> mail handling is heart of RT.
>>>
>>> May be I could setup some pre/post processing of mails to rewrite
>>> mail headers? What do you think about it?
>>

>> You could overlay RT::EmailParser's ParseTicketId fairly easily to do
>> the parsing you want it to do locally...
>>
>>     Best,
>>     Jesse
>>

> I saw it, but $RT::rtname also used in other places as I see. Now I
> envestigate how this changes could affect such places.
>     Thanks for comments. Ruslan.

Jesse, can confirm that next changes don't break anything?

I'm going to do next steps:
1) stop rt, mail... almost all.
2) setup procmail filter that change Subject tag
from [xxx #<id>] to [yyy #<id>].
3) change RT::rtname from xxx to yyy.

After greping of RT::rtname I think that this enought to change
RT::rtname and to keep tracking of tickets which exist. Am I right?

		Best regards. Wait for your replies. Ruslan.