[rt-users] question about the import tool

Matthew Watson mwatson at netspace.net.au
Fri Sep 19 04:09:18 EDT 2003

Heya all.

 About to start playing around with converting to rt3 yet again (can never
seem to find enough time to complete this process).

 Anyway, I will need to do the incremental upgrade, i've noticed in the
README it says

"It's important to note that this incremental importer _mandates_ that
queues,
keyword selects, links and queue watchers not be changed on either RT
instance
during the export/import period."

Does this count for New tickets as well (I assume the import tool handles
new tickets when doing incremental upgrades). So if I create a new ticket,
can I create a link on it, or select a keyword?

Thanks
Matthew Watson
Netspace Online Systems.