[rt-users] mail-body encoding, can't use letters that's in iso-8859-1

Realhost I/S - Rene Brask Sørensen rene at realhost.dk
Fri Sep 19 11:16:40 EDT 2003

>Jaime Diaz wrote:
>

>>1) Open your RT_SiteConfig.pm
>>2) Search for the RT UTF-8 Settings
>>3) Check if you have this: Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-1');
>>
>>Probably you have 'UTF-8' now. Change it to iso-8859-1. Restart Apache and
>>it should work (at least, works here).
>>

>Done that and my setting is :
>        Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-1');
>
>Here is all my settings regarding the charset config. :
>
>@LexiconLanguages = qw(*) unless (@LexiconLanguages);
>@EmailInputEncodings = qw(iso-8859-1 us-ascii) unless
>(@EmailInputEncodings);
>Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-1');
>
>in my vhost.conf (apache conf) i have : "AddDefaultCharset ISO-8869-1"
>
>And besite that, I have used a fresh installation of rt (v-3.0.5).
>
>Here is an ex. of a mail header. It's from the view of history in the
>rt-webinterface and the ticket i made i the rt system.

>Subject: æøå
>

>æøå
>
>And what I'm wondering about is why the "charset=utf8"
>
>Best regrads
>
>Rene Brask

I now have increased the problem to the rt mailOutputencoding. Because
when I send a mail to the rt system from a outside address, the encoding
is fine ;) But when I later modify the text in the given ticket in rt,
the encoding gets fucked (encoded in utf8). Same problem arise when I
create a new ticket in the rt system, the text is encoded in utf8. So
the BIG question is, how do I change this ?

Best regards

Rene Brask