[rt-users] dealing with two people responding to a ticket.

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 12:17:02 EDT 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, David A. Ulevitch wrote:

> We have a distributed team of support people.
>
> We have the occasional scenario where two people will see a ticket and
> reply before one has a chance to "take" the ticket...
>
> How do you all deal with this or is it just a known "social" problem?
>
> thanks,
> davidu

Social problem.  You have to make it proceedure that you have to take a
ticket before attempting to reply to it, to minimise the chance of this
form of collision.

This is common to every ticketing system I've ever used, not just RT,
unless you auto-allocate tickets to individuals as they come in.

John