[rt-users] Good Instruction for RT3 + Apache2 + FastCGI + MYSQL

Rommie request_tracker at acerhomes.com
Wed Sep 24 13:52:34 EDT 2003

I have problem initializing my postgres database when I issue

# make initialize-database

/usr/bin/perl //usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba
root --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create a new database and grant RT access to that database,
this script needs to connect to your Pg instance on localhost as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password: DBI connect('dbname=template1;host=localhost','root',...)
failed: could not connect to server: Connection refused at
//usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database line 80
Failed to connect to dbi:Pg:dbname=template1;host=localhost as root: could
not connect to server: Connection refused at
//usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database line 80, <STDIN> line 1.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255