[rt-users] how to resolve a ticket with delay

Dave Dennis dmd at speakeasy.org
Tue Apr 6 11:48:17 EDT 2004

How about this:

You go ahead and resolve, and in your OnResolve scrip, tell the users they can
reopen the ticket by responding to the message.  This reopens the ticket if you
have in your scrips an On Correspond Open Tickets in Transaction Stage with
(Global) template: Blank .  This is a default scrip/template, but sometimes
those defaults get removed so check <g> .

So anyway the workflow then is:  RT operator resolves ticket.  Customer gets a
resolve message.  Customer then responds IF they want to the message saying hey
wait a minute, what about.... Otherwise ticket is closed and everyone moves on.

Does that workflow satisfy your requirements?  It looks like it might, except
for the part where the ticket sits open for 3 days while the customer makes up
their mind whether to reopen it.  Or do your customers have RT web site access,
and you want them to be able to reopen that way instead?  In that case...

I think I'd create a queue for open's and a queue for pendings, and move an open
to a pending, wait 3 days, then auto-close it.  This would actually work better
if you wanted to track how many tickets you were sitting on for 3 days..

Hope this helps, good luck!

+ Dave Dennis
+ Seattle, WA
+ dmd at speakeasy.org