[rt-users] move resolved tickets into another table

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Apr 7 18:36:47 EDT 2004

Ralf Hack wrote:
>    one of our oldest ticket systems suffers the
> death-by-too-many-closed-tickets syndrome. The number of resolved
> tickets that are held in the database is slowing the search and update
> of un-resolved tickets down to a crawl. This is largely due to a
> unfortunate choice of dbm files and perl to parse them and
> mysql/postgres may well push the boundaries for that.

So, assuming this is not RT3 that you have using dbm files,
why are you assuming that performance of RT3 is going to be
as bad?

"mysql/postgres may well push the boundaries for that", indeed.
I suspect you'll find that the performance won't be significantly
worse with all those resolved tickets than if you culled them...
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630