[Rt-users] Custom Statuses

pdh at bestpractical.com pdh at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 15 18:33:06 EDT 2004

Tim Pierce wrote:
> Only time will tell.  But I think we should all agree that at best it's
> a Mexican standoff.  In one corner you have the CTO who balks at
> purchasing a support contract with the promise that the desired feature
> will be included in the next release.

I'm not sure what support contracts have to do with anything
here. "Customer" in the context of customising RT generally
refers to a customer who underwrites the development of a
given feature, on a project basis. This is independent from
having an ongoing support contract.

I think it's already been established that if such a customer
were to come forward, the feature could be implemented.. however
in absence of such a customer, it's not likely to be done at
the detriment of work that people *are* paying for (as you
already noted, Tim.)

Of course, if someone who actually wanted this were to sit
down and implement it and submit the patches, there's a very
good chance they'd be considered for inclusion...