[Rt-users] Allowing users to see certain tickets.

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Apr 16 13:02:36 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 08:26, phillip wrote:
> We have many users so we can't  make a queue for each and every user each
> department has about 10 users

I'm not sure I understand.  There are many things about managing
a user that are more difficult than creating a queue.  If you
want each user's jobs to have queue-specific attributes (permissions,
watchers, etc.) while he works on it, then the queue level seems
like the right place to do it.  Conceptually the queues relate
to the people who are able to work on an issue more than the issue
itself, and if in your workflow once the user is selected no one
else should be allowed to see or help, then putting the job in a
user-specific queue does what you want.  Queues are only visible
to those with permission to see them so a large number won't clutter
the screen of most users.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com