[rt-users] not sending notifications to users that already received them

Todd Chapman rt at chaka.net
Tue Aug 3 12:45:35 EDT 2004

On the srface this seems like a good idea, but there are
issues to consider. What RT sends out is based on the
configured templates. By not sending to some users who
are already Cc'd you risk that different users see
similar but probably different messages. RT 3.2 also
records all out-going e-mails. By not sending to some
users you will not have the positive confirmation that
e-mail was sent to a particular user.

-Todd