[rt-users] Tickets Display and Rights

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Aug 4 11:11:47 EDT 2004

Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Hello users,
>
> I am running rt-3.2.1 here with MySQL-3.23.58 and
> apache-1.3.31+mod_perl1 on FreeBSD.
>
> Now that I've given the standard greeting ;) ..
>
> I would like to find out if someone has managed to do the following:
>
> We have designated a user to be the manager (not superuser) in RT and
> she has asked me the following questions:
>
> <cut>
>
> 1. Can I get the following rights or get them customised if possible.
>
> a. Establish how many tickets each individual owns at a glance
>    e.g. At a glance I can see that user1 has 5 open tickets, user2
>    has 3 open tickets, etc
You can't do it with granting rights, but can do some magic scrips that
close ticket just after open under some condition. It would be hacky a
little. Also you can use Approval subsystem as I think.

> b. Can I also be able to get rights to see ALL outgoing correspondence
>    and comments made on tickets rather than searching through each one.
>    I.E. I am either cc'd in all correspondence or Bcc'd?
We do it. We set TaskManagers group as AdminCc. AdminCcs are notified
with all correspondence.

> c. Statistics for open tickets and stalled: I would like have the total
>   generated and I can search for say one month back / two weeks etc
RT Statistics package.

> </cut>
>

> Looking at (a), it seems something quite doable, bar for my lack of
> programming skills. But I believe the info can be easily presented
> on a link on the main Ticket display page. It's a matter of sql queries
> and displaying, yes? Perhaps I should just run the query and send here
> the output.
>
> (b) seems something that is easy to do via a Scrip, once I have given/
>     designated her the proper Global role, yes?
Queue or Global or Ticket roles. Just set required notification scrips.

> (c) It is easy to get the stats for open and stalled tickets, but the
>     searches - I wonder why the hell she needs that. This can be done
>     using Ticket Search, yes?
Search isn't flexible for this, but posible.