[rt-users] minor contribution

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Wed Aug 4 15:08:49 EDT 2004

I have been installing RT for four different schools and have just got the
last one working. I kept getting (as pointed out by seph) unexecuted mason
code for my index page. I had literally cut and pasted the VirtualHost info
from the docs into  my httpd.conf. I couldn't get it to work though, until I
replaced it with the VirtualHost info I found in the README file of the
current version of RT. It had a few more lines to add than what I found in
the docs. I am far from an expert, and could not tell you what part fixed
things, but it is working now. Maybe this could be added to the on-line
instructions.

<VirtualHost your.ip.address>

ServerName your.rt.server.hostname

DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

# these four lines apply to Apache2+mod_perl2 only: {{{

PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI

PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html