[rt-users] Preventing notification on custom scrip action

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu Aug 5 07:55:27 EDT 2004

Scott McDermott wrote:
> I've written a custom scrip to change the owner to the first person that
> replies to the ticket who has OwnTicket rights. Whenever this happens,
> the new owner receives correspondence from RT with a content of "This
> transaction appears to have no content" as a result of an "on owner
> change notify owner" scrip.
You can adapt template for this scrip. You shouldn't past
Transaction->Content into template cause it's empty.

Read section "How to be silent" of
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?WriteCustomAction

If this doesn't help then post call that you use to change owner(can be
done in different ways) and I can suggest you how to avoid recording of
transaction.

> How might I prevent that notification when it is the result of an auto
> assignment?
As I said you can avoid transaction recording.