[rt-users] Preventing notification on custom scrip action

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Thu Aug 5 12:24:44 EDT 2004

I do understand you right.

Scott McDermott wrote:

> One of us misunderstands. The custom scrip is not generating the email
> notification, it's placing an entry in the history, which is fine. The
Do you really need this note in history in this particular case? Don't
write transaction, this is easiest way to go.

> problem is the owner change notification scrip (which I think is
> default) notifies the owner of the assignment, and I don't want that in
> this particular case. I do, however, want that email notification to
> occur if someone goes in and assigns them ownership of a ticket.

I know only one difference between this transactions. It's Creator
field. Creator of autoassignment is $RT::SystemUser, when somebody
changes ownership of the ticket then he is Creator of the Transaction.

Something like this code you can use in custom condition of notify
scrip(that notify about ownership changes):

if( $TransactionObj->CreatorObj->id == $RT::SystemUser->id ) {
	... transaction in most cases was created by Scrip ...
} else {
	... some user created this ...
}