[rt-users] Logins and Email addresses

Carl Makin carl at xena.IPAustralia.gov.au
Wed Dec 1 18:00:21 EST 2004

Hi Dave,

Dave Harrison wrote:

>However what I am finding is that people use their LDAP logins to use
>the web page, but when they reply to a request via email RT adds them
>another account under the name of their email address.  So people are
>ending up with two User records in the database.

I would class this as a real problem.  If you are using the LDAP code from;

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?LdapOverlay

then it should be creating accounts with the email address extracted
from the LDAP user record.  Is that LDAP email address the same as the
one they using to email in?

Carl.