[rt-users] RT 2.0.15 to RT 3.2.2 migration

Angel Blazquez angel.blazquez at es.easynet.net
Tue Dec 7 07:46:34 EST 2004

Hello folks,

I have been using RT for several years now, and I think it's quite
usefull and it works fine. Excellent work guys :)

I would like to move it from RT 2.0.15 to RT 3.2.2 (as far as i have
seen RT 3.X works even better), keeping as much data as possible
(Tickets, Users, etc...).

I used rt2-to-rt3 script, and the first time it worked fine for RT 3.0,
but after this first time, it began to fail, and right now it is not
possible for me to import the new exported data into RT 3.0 (the old
exported data can be still imported fine).

The problems are related with errors creating (importing) users, but
apart from that, the dump I got the first time is much more bigger that
the ones I got the rest of the times, and it took much more time than
the exports I do know.

I'm trying to export the database from a MySQL 3.23.56 to a MySQL 4.0.20.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.10 and DBIx-SearchBuilder 1.12

What i would like to know is:

- Any idea of whats going on? Are MySQL versions (different versions) a
  problem? Is there a troubleshooting guide somewhere?

- What do I have to do with the initial information rt-setup-database
  creates in RT 3.X database? Do i have to delete it in order to import
  the RT 2.X exported one, or do I have to just keep it and import the
  rest of the info?

- Can I use rt2-to-rt3 for exporting RT 2.0.15 database to RT 3.2.2, or
  it just works with RT 3.0?

- Has anybody wrote and alternative to rt2-to-rt3? rt2-to-rt3 looks fine,
  but I was wondering if anybody has provided any kind of SQL proper script
  that uses some 'insert-select' magic once it's clear (i don't have it
  clear enough for doing something by myself) what are both RT2 schemas
  and RT3.X ones.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Angel Blazquez