[rt-users] Automatic user information retrieval

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Mon Feb 9 07:52:40 EST 2004

Tuomas Haarala wrote:
> 	Hello.
>
> 	I am rather new to RT, but something has already come into my
> 	mind:
>
> 	It would be a great help to get all the related user information
> 	into custom fields of the ticket by clicking a button when some
> 	unique string of information has been typed in already.
> 	For example, email address or a phone number. Some kind of pickup
> 	mechanism from a separate CSV file (or other) should do the trick
> 	- I just can't yet see how that should (and could) be implemented.
It's bogus to save any info in CFs about requestor. There is allready
table for user's info in RT and its name Users. Many reasons why it's bogus.

You can use ExtractCustomFieldValues to parse requests
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?ContributedScrips

For our RT I've only changed user strings to user links so you can jump
in one click to user info.

> 	Has anyone already come up with any kind of solution for this
> 	kind of need?

Sorry if I missunderstand something.

			Best regards. Ruslan.