[rt-users] Installation problem

Kastl, Rebecca E. rkastl at varsitygold.com
Tue Jan 6 17:03:31 EST 2004

Everything appears to be unpacked and installed correctly. However, when
I finally go to perform the "make --initialize-database" and am prompted
for the dba password, I get nothing. This means that I type the
password, hit enter, and get no response from the system. After a few
minutes, I get the following error message:

DBI
connect('dbname=template1;host=vg-linux.corp.varistygold.com','postgres'
,...) failed: could not connect to server: Connection timed out at
//opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 80
Failed to connect to
dbi:Pg:dbname=template1;host=vg-linux.corp.varistygold.com as postgres:
could not connect to server: Connection timed out at
//opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 80, <STDIN> line 1.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

OS is RH Linux 9.0
The database in use is Postgres 7.3

Help would be appreciated as I've been struggling for acouple weeksnow
with getting RT installed and working.

--
Rebecca Kastl
Network Administrator