[rt-users] Re: Dealing with ex-employees

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Wed Jan 7 14:54:12 EST 2004

Thus spake Jesse Vincent (jesse at bestpractical.com) [07/01/04 14:48]:
> > What does this 'special case' do?  Does the e-mail get rejected?  Does all
> > correspondance on the ticket go through the normal queue Scrips (i.e.
> > messages sent to AdminCc:'s and Cc:'s), or just sit there in the empty
> > ticket?
>
> That RT user will no longer have an email address. If you've removed
> them as a privileged user, they'll won't be able to log in, send mail
> through RT or have RT send them mail. It doesn't solve the problem of
> local configuration not notifying anyone other than the owner of a
> ticket.

That's the problem we're trying to solve -- what happens with all their old
tickets?  We don't want the notifications going to them (the blanked e-mail
address works for that, and also avoids some problems with just fully
disabling access to RT for that user), but re-assigning tickets is something
we'd like to avoid.  It and the custom Scrip action are the best options so
far, just wondering if there's anything else we can do.