[rt-users] Re: Dealing with ex-employees

AJ rt at musefoundry.com
Thu Jan 8 14:28:10 EST 2004

Not sure if you got the answer you were looking for but perhaps this would
work..

It's a lot simpler than changing your processes

Script 1: Create a script that sends a reply if the ticket is already closed
Custom condition:
return 1 if ($self->TicketObj->Status=~/Closed/);

And a template that tells them that the ticket is closed and they must
submit a new one.

In the OnCorrespond scrip:
Change the condition to "User Defined" and use:
if ($self->TransactionObj->Type=~/Correspond/) {
    if (!$self->TicketObj->Status=~/Closed/) {
	return 1;
     }
}

The first one will only process the template if the ticket is closed.

The second one replaces the existing OnCorrespond condition with one that
will only process the ticket if it is not closed. If it is closed, the
OnCorrespond script simply won't be executed.

Hope this helps
A.J. Fasano
Network Solutions Inc