[rt-users] Trying again... Custom user information

Niedens, Travis Travis_Niedens at redlands.edu
Fri Jan 16 18:13:44 EST 2004

All,

I have tried adding a custom user information field into the user profile.
Adding in the field in mysql is simple, however when modifying the
Admin/Users/Modify.html to allow for that field to be populated, I get the
following message:

RT Error
the calling component did not specify why

Here's what I have added in:

1 -
<TR><TD ALIGN="RIGHT">
<&|/l&>Employee ID</&>:
</TD><TD>
<input name="EmployeeID" value="<%$UserObj->EmployeeID%>">
<b><&|/l&>(required)</&></b> </TD></TR>

2 -
# If we have a user to modify, lets try.
if ($UserObj->Id) {

    my @fields = qw(Name EmployeeID Comments Signature EmailAddress
FreeformContactInfo
		    Organization RealName NickName Lang EmailEncoding
WebEncoding
		    ExternalContactInfoId ContactInfoSystem Gecos
ExternalAuthId
		    AuthSystem HomePhone WorkPhone MobilePhone PagerPhone
Address1
		Address2 City State Zip Country
		   );

3 -

$EmployeeID => undef

The field in MySQL is defined as VarChar(200) with null allowed.

Any ideas on what is causing this?  Anyone try this at all?

Thanks,

Travis Niedens
Network Manager
University of Redlands