[rt-users] pdf file attachment

James Smith jsmith at PRESIDIO.com
Thu Jun 10 10:56:41 EDT 2004

I ran into this same problem.
I found that documents created with later versions (unknown what version) of Acrobat would not open with earlier versions (4.0 and earlier) of Reader. Opening the document with 5.0 and later worked. Odd...

Of course, your mileage may vary, this email filled by weight not volume, contents may have settled during shipping.

James H. Smith II NNCSE NNCDS
Senior Systems Engineer
First Call Response Center Team Lead
The Presidio Corporation
-----Original Message-----
From: Parimala Ramdas [mailto:Parimala.Ramdas at Zoran.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 2:46 PM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] pdf file attachment

I have a weird problem with pdf files. Whenever I try to open it, it asks me for a Password saying that this file is protected. The headers for this file

Is this allright? I haven't used attachments in RT so far... I have problems with pdf and tar.gz as specified in an earlier mail. I would like to know if this is an RT problem. Any help will be appreciated.

System info:
linux i686
apache 1.3.27
mysql 3.23.55