[rt-users] RE: dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 choking on attachment

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 18 18:25:33 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 03:26:11PM -0700, Robert Joost wrote:
> Jesse Vincent wrote:
>

> >On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 03:11:46PM -0700, Robert Joost wrote:
> >

> >>Ok, from some of the output I sent you, some of the output is with the
> >>ticket number.
> >>Out of over 4,000 tickets, only 2 or 3 tickets get put into the
> >>database, the rest is lots of output like below...
> >>

> >Something appears fairly messed up with your database. I haven't seen
> >these symptoms before.
> Ouch. Well, I believe it, you invented RT and I just inherited it a
> while ago.
> I did the export as root user, everything as root and the export from
> RT2 didn't report any errors.
> Well, I appreciate your effort.
> If it's like that, it might be better if I set up another instance and
> force them to start using the new one because I can always let them have
> access to the old one in the interim and maybe it'll give time
> to work out what's up..

*nod* I suspect that it's something that could be fixed with enough work
on the migration tool. If this is something that a lot of people are
seeing, we can put in energy to try to find the issue. Unfortunately, we
just don't have the resources to throw at every issue that comes up for
every user.  :/   Thank you for trying to come up to current versions of
things before giving up.

There is, at least, a sliver lining: Moving to a clean, new RT 3 instance
does have the side benefit of being able to easily redo your queue, scrip
and custom fields from a clean slate based on what your staff have learned
using RT2.

	Best,

	Jesse