[rt-users] Re: problem creating ticket in RT via external email source

seph seph at directionless.org
Sat Mar 27 09:27:55 EST 2004

> R=system_aliases defer (-30): pipe_transport unset in system_aliases router
>
> then i tracked down Debian Bug #229052 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
> bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=229052) which gave some workarounds... now am
> not very familiar with exim so am very confused on which of the 3
> solutions he mentioned to use.
>
> I want to stick with exim4 since this is the recommended Debian MTA
> that came with the RT3.0.9 installation. But if it'd make things
> easier, we could replace exim4 with Sendmail or Qmail instead (but
> am also not familiar with these).  What's your take on this matter?

You should use whatever you understand best. Of the solutions
mentioned in that debian bug report:

   (1) is an automatic thing that does not require filling in
   /etc/aliases, and instead queries the database for allowed
   queues.

   (2) just allows pipes for rt-mailgate, nothing special or automatic.

   (3) is an updated form of the automatic thing I stuck in the old rtfm

   you could also downgrade exim to exim3.

If you don't want to learn much about exim, and just want it to to
behave like it used to, you should probably just go with (2).

seph