[rt-users] CLI Docs for RT 3.0.9

Mike Friedman mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Mar 31 17:16:55 EST 2004

On Wed Mar 31 12:40:14 2004, Jesse Vincent said:

>   /opt/rt3/bin/rt --help

Jesse,

That's good to know.  Unfortunately, I guess I'd have to install RT
in order for that to work and I'd like to see the docs now before
going through the install process.  Especially since I don't yet
have a machine on which I want to install the various perl modules
(not to mention upgrading our version of perl).

Is there any way I could see the docs somewhere else?

> RT's had a proper API since RT 2.0. It's in perl. If you're going to be
> doing serious scripting against RT, use the API, not a wrapper around
> the commandline tool. It'll make your life much easier, really.

I wish I had known that (especially since all my scripts are in perl)!
Unfortunately, on 2.0.15, 'rt -h' shows only the basic CLI docs (which
is how I found out about it).

I take it then, from what you've said above, that 'rt -h' on 3.0.9
will show the information about the real API.

Anyway, I would like to see the latter before actually installing RT 3.0.9,
which may not happen for quite a while here.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike Friedman                             System and Network Security
mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU                    2484 Shattuck Avenue
1-510-642-1410                            University of California at Berkeley
http://ack.Berkeley.EDU/~mikef            http://security.berkeley.edu