[rt-users] Qmail and RT 3.0.15

Mike Dent mike at thecedars.org.uk
Mon May 3 08:10:34 EDT 2004

Hi,
I'm having trouble sending mail to my newly installed RT system.
It seems qmail will not accept mail for users that do not exist on the system? From INSTALL.alias in qmail:

"* Other non-user accounts. Under qmail, non-user accounts don't get
mail; ``user'' means a non-root account that owns ~account. Set up
aliases for any non-user accounts that normally receive mail."

However I found some aliases on the RH 9.0 box in /var/qmail/alias so I created a file
/var/qmail/alias/.qmail-rt
hoping that it would accept mail sent to rt at mysystem.com (not the real system identity i must add)
The file contains:-

|/usr/local/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url http://mysystem.com

however when mail is sent to  rt at mysystem.com it bounces as user not known.
I can send email out from RT ok.

Anybody else using RT with qmail? I did a search but could not find anything

Thanks

Mike