[rt-users] rt3, losing fixed-font formatting in ticket display

Andy Linton asjl at citylink.co.nz
Wed May 12 01:47:12 EDT 2004

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:47:17AM -0800, matthew zeier wrote:
>
>>However, the ticket content shows with proportional spacing (still).  If I
>>reply/comment to a ticket item, the quoted text shows the monospaced content
>>(it's an ASCII network diagram).
>

> The "download" link should display it correctly as well.
>
>>The only way to properly view this is to reply to a ticket which is a less
>>than ideal way to read these things.
>>

>>What other nugget am I missing?
>

> HTML clobbers whitespace unless text is enclosed in a "<pre>" block.

I've been trying this but it's not clear how you use a <pre> tag here.
I've got the output of a web form being directed to RT via email and I'd
like to retain the spacing in the ASCII text e.g.

Site Details
++++++++++++

Contact person on site:       Wylee Coyote
Telephone No:                 4564564564
Email:                        wc at acme.org
Building Name:                sdff
Floor No:                     hkjjh
Street No & name:             hjk
City:                         Smallville

vs

Site Details

Email: wc at acme.org
Building Name: sdff
Floor No: hkjjh
Street No & name: hjk
City: Smallville

I've tried the suggested changed to fixed font and that works fine but
the white space gets squeezed.