[rt-users] rt3, losing fixed-font formatting in ticket display

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Fri May 14 19:55:11 EDT 2004

> >>The only way to properly view this is to reply to a ticket which is a
less
> >>than ideal way to read these things.
> >>

> >>What other nugget am I missing?
> >

> > HTML clobbers whitespace unless text is enclosed in a "<pre>" block.
>
> I've been trying this but it's not clear how you use a <pre> tag here.
> I've got the output of a web form being directed to RT via email and I'd
> like to retain the spacing in the ASCII text e.g.

I gave up this since the download link does what I want.

Look at Ticket/Elements/ShowTransactions and search for ShowMessageStanza.
Wrap that in <pre> tags if you want.

% } else {
<pre>
<& ShowMessageStanza, Depth => 0, Message => $quoted, Transaction =>
$Transaction &>
</pre>
% }

That's essentially want I did for ShowMessageHeaders since <pre> was
insanely wrapping and <code> worked just fine for me.