[rt-users] rt hard to use

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 09:37:54 EST 2004

--- "Matthew D. Stevens" <matt at netjam.net> wrote:

> Is there any way to make it default to descending
> instead of ascending
> when first opening a queue?  Thats the only thing
> that really annoys me
> about the interface
>
> rt 2.0.15 rh 7.3

There might be an easier way, but here's what I did in
RT 2.0.15 to default to descending:

Make changes in 2 places:
/opt/rt2/WebRT/html/Elements/SelectSortOrder
/opt/rt2/WebRT/html/Elements/Quicksearch

In SelectSortOrder:
swap current DESC with ASC, and change order of
"Descending Ascending" in the following:

my @order_names = qw (Descending Ascending);

This simply makes the default page come up with the
new default values.

In Quicksearch:
Modify this line to contain the following 2 items:
&TicketsSortBy=id
and
TicketsSortOrder=DESC

<TR><TD><A HREF="<%
$RT::WebPath%>/Search/Listing.html?ValueOfStatus=open&ValueOfStatus=new&StatusOp=%3D&QueueOp=%3D&ValueOfQueue=<%$queue->Id%>&TicketsSortBy=id&TicketsSortOrder=DESC&RowsPerPage=50&NewSearch=1"><%$queue->Name%></a></TD>