[rt-users] Ticket Numbers prepending with a Queue Code

Tony Graziano tgraziano at myitdepartment.net
Fri Nov 5 11:06:16 EST 2004

We really like RT here. We have already integrated it with our PBX, so
when a user leaves a voicemail at the helpdesk, it sends it into RT and
autocreates a ticket and the voicemail is already attached. It's made
things a lot easier thus far.

I have read that you cannot change the numbering sequence of auto
generated ticket number. Has anyone been able to "prepend" the ticket
number with a letter or something to indicate the Queue the ticket is
in?

(i.e., Queue Name John, ticket number 1, ticket number assigned would
be J1)

Even if it this is not possible, a reply would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone have a way to Bcc: or email a ticket at autocreate to
a pager (with an email address) from within RT without making the email
address a user or watcher?

Thanks,

Tony