[rt-users] Status changed from Resolved to Open during reply?

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Mon Oct 11 16:56:42 EDT 2004

On Oct 11, 2004, at 4:52 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

>> This has been an annoyance to me since RT 2, but I just live with it.
>> You have to go back and re-resolve the ticket.  The UI never reports
>> that the ticket status was changed (ie, it happens silently, which is
>> also an annoyance).
>
> Because you've got an "OnCorrespond, Open ticket" scrip. It's not done
> "in the user's process". It's done by the business logic.

But I think there's a UI issue. When I correspond and leave the status
as "resolved" two thing's don't happen:

1) it doesn't leave it resolved (which is arguable as per your note
above)
2) it doesn't indicate that the status was changed on the result screen.

can we make it to somehow fire the on correspond scrip before the
status is checked/set by the ticket update?  somehow I doubt it.

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806