[rt-users] Performance Issues

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Sep 9 16:00:39 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 14:46, Dan Pritts wrote:

> > Be sure you have let the system work a while before you start
> > timing.  Each fastcgi process will need to parse and compile
> > the perl/mason code once the first time it hits it.

> Yes, I noticed when they started up they took maybe 10 CPU seconds each to
> get going.  But they are persistent, have been running for over a day now.
> I am pretty confident this is not the issue.

I think they only compile a page when you view it so it is a matter of
having hit all the pages enough times that each fcgi has it compiled.
I have a similar setup with a few hundred tickets on fedora2 with
mysql 4.0.18 and it feels a little slower than an older RT2 setup with
many thousands of tickets, but it only takes a second or 2 to display
a ticket.  I've turned off the option to log all the email responses -
I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com