[rt-users] Searching Ticket Body and converting to UTF8

Richard Ellis Richard.Ellis at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 29 03:31:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

Two questions:

One of the RFE's that I keep getting asked for, is to make the body or
message portion of tickets searchable. Is this possible, or is it
something that is planned for the future or has it been dropped as too
difficult an idea to implement?

Does anyone have a working example of converting inbound emails from non
ISO-8859-1 (Latin 1) to UTF-8 so that we don't get corruptions. I'm
currently struggling converting Kanji to UTF-8 using Unicode::Map8 and
Unicode::Map.

If anyone know of a better way, can you let me know.

Thanks

Rik