[rt-users] ticket rejection email

Sam Snow sam.snow at christianheritageschool.org
Tue Apr 5 18:58:55 EDT 2005

Ennis William McCaffrey said:
> For that matter, when a ticket gets approved; the origionating user nevers
> gets
> an email stating the ticket was approved, either.
>
> Ennis McCaffrey
<snip>

>>RT Users:
>>
>>I'm running RT 3.4.1 on Fedora Core 3 with MySQl.
>>
>>When an approver rejects a ticket, the initial requester never gets an
>> email
>>stating their ticket was rejected.
>>
>>How do I remedy this situation?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Ennis McCaffrey
>>
>>Time Warner Cable
>>Digital Network Engineer
>>
>>1001 West Kennedy Avenue
>>PO Box 145
>>Kimberly, WI 54136
>>
>>(920) 831-9220 Office
>>(920) 378-0416 Cell
>>
>>Ennis at Mail.TWCGB.NET

You will need to create scrips using user defined conditions. I don't have
any for this, but it should go something like this (fill in the correct
values):

if ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Approval_Field_Name" &&
    $self->TransactionObj->NewValue eq "New_Approved_Status")
{
  return(1);
} else {
  return(undef);
}

I have not used approvals and am *not* a scrip expert, but from what I
understand something like that should work. If you get some working you
should post them to
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ApprovalCreation so that others
can benifit.

You might also try the mailing list archives -->
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/ .

Sam
(In Neenah)